Goal: Raising Achievement in Reading
Next Steps: Observe children during mat time and group work for those who are;
- not joining in with phonics.
- limited in the sharing of ideas with the group.
- causing concern around concepts about print
- holding the book incorrectly way, turning of pages incorrectly.
- holding the pencil incorrectly, can't use scissors, or colour within lines.
- cannot directly copy text.
- do not know that the pictures match the text, or that the text carries the story.
- cannot point 1:1 as they read or follow along with a text.